Thursday, December 19, 2013

Eggs and Ospreys



We have eggs!

The temperature has reached 42 F today, although with the wind, it sure doesn't feel like it.

We found two eggs yesterday, when we were out milking the goats. Not much, but we felt so lucky to have them. Every time I opened the fridge and saw those two eggs, I wondered what we could utilize them for. Two egg omelette....french toast.....chocolate chip cookies.....brownies....one egg each for Richard and I for breakfast? I never decided. Richard decided to make zucchini bread with one of the eggs and egg re-placer, mixed with chia seed "eggs." The kids can't really have eggs, but they love zucchini bread.

And today....two more eggs!! Now we have a surplus of three. What could I do with three eggs, I wonder?

And on another note:

The SLV, or San Luis Valley is an interesting place, supposedly well known for UFO sightings. I have not seen any alien craft, but I have seen many aircraft of a military nature. We have helicopters (haven't seen any black ones out here), the C-130's that buzz our house, sometimes at night, waking everyone up in fear, and we have that other long, weird looking jet thing,  kind of like an SR-71, but not, and today there was this crazy looking plane thing, that may be an Osprey. Here's a link to what we just saw flying over our farm house. Here's another. Very odd. I'm learning all about military aircraft out here in the SLV--a true plane watchers paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment