Friday, January 24, 2014

Fasting for clarity

The freezing fog is back. Depressing. And cold.

This week I am doing a water fast. I am on day three. This is my second water fast. I did one last year for seven days, I think it was. But, this time, I hope to go longer. I will be happy if I make it through the end of day three really, and see what happens from there.

Why the fast? Well, I have been feeling pretty unhealthy. I went gluten free about two weeks ago and felt better for a few days, but then my issues were back. My stomach has been hurting daily and I have been having a lot of intestinal cramping and bloating. Even when I eat an apple, and only an apple. So, I figured I needed a major cleanse. That's why I'm doing the fast. I hope to go longer than I ever have, and get the major benefits from a long water fast, including the cleanse, maybe some weight loss, and especially ridding my body of toxins and things that just don't belong. If I have any diseases brewing inside anywhere, a long water fast should take care of it.

Today I am feeling really motivated and a little less hungry. I am inspired to continue onward!

Another reason for the fast is to gain some clarity in my mind and in my life. Let's say I'm also fasting for spiritual reasons, hoping to reach that point where I am in communication with my higher self and at one with all that is. I am hoping to be able to figure out what direction to pursue in our quest for a sustainable life. If I can get all of the obstacles out of the way and simply listen to spirit, I am hoping I will come to some reasonable decision about what to do next...where to go, what needs to be involved as I try to figure out how best to be of service to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment