Sunday, January 19, 2014

Beautiful creatures, beautiful place


You may not be able to see them very well (woe is my pathetic camera) but, that is a herd of elk in the photo above. There must have been a couple hundred of them out in that field. This was up near Ft Garland, Colorado last week.




These beauties were part of a larger herd of maybe twelve wild horses. We saw them closer to home, on the road of the church I have been interested in buying, here in the south western end of the San Luis Valley.

We are certainly blessed to live in such a beautiful place, no matter how cold it is. The views are amazing and the wildlife astounding.

These remarkable creatures give me pause as I wade through my day to day. This planet we live on is a wonderful place, full of life and beauty. If only we (humanity) were not so narrow minded and severely focused on destroying it all for resources to keep our current and destructive ways of life moving along. It makes me sad. These creatures we had the joy of seeing this past week may no longer be here when my little children grow up....but then, my little children may be the last (or next to the last) generation of the human race as well.

Ah well....enjoy it while you can, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment