Thursday, November 28, 2013

We have sun!

It has been rough the past week with little to no sun. Depressing and really cold. The freezing fog has been hanging around for a few days now, making everyone miserable.


Winter Wonderland (yesterday)

turkey fence


























ice crystals on fence

Our overnight temperatures were below zero. I think it was -6 F this morning when we got up. All of the animals made it through. And I am so thankful for that!


Trees next to pasture (today)

grass

When the sun shines, it changes everything, doesn't it? Now the world looks winter white and sparkly. But still, the cold makes me look for warmer places to move...every single time. Maybe I should think more on that.

The condensation on our windows is out of control. Even the walls have water on them. It's a big mess. I'm wiping up water with towels, washing and hanging them to dry, which keep the cycle of moisture going, never-ending. The cabinets have water condensing in them. We have ordered a de-humidifier for the house here. Who would have thought we'd need it in this high desert place!

On this Day of Gratitude, I am thankful for shelter for us and the animals. We are all doing the best we can, considering. I am thankful for good health for my family and all of the critters. I am soooo thankful for the sun today! And later this afternoon we will sit down to a feast which includes one of our turkeys, organically raised. I am soooo thankful we stocked up before the storm (will we ever be able to get to town again?). More freezing fog forecast for the next couple of days. I am thankful for heaters and electricity, hot water and warm down comforters.

Happy Day of Gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment